Timeless Classics

 What makes an item classic? What makes it a timeless classic?

1. The Trench Coat (December 2015) 

I will always remember this beautiful, convertible trench coat as 'the one that got away'. 

I found it in a small boutique in Nice, but to my despair they did not have one in my size. 


2. White Shirt (September 2015) - so simple and so versatile.


3. Beige Cashmere Sweater (2015) and Weekend Chinos (2021) - weekend sorted for years to come...


4. Pretty Ballerinas (2013) - that's mouse ballerinas for me...


5. Little Silk Gavroche (2000) - just like the trench coat, a small pocket square silk scarf enjoys special status in my timeless category rankings.  


 "Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years"   - Warren Buffet on investing the long term















Comments

Popular Posts